Friday, April 29, 2005

Nee Darwinist.

I though the following quotes from the Nature cover story on ID were appropriate given my current blogger profile (on the top right hand side of this page):
Darwinists are divided in their response to the idea's growing profile on campus . . .

Darwinist Eugenie Scott rejects intelligent design on scientific grounds whereas Lutheran George Murphy (above) rejects it for theological reasons.

[Eugenie] Scott, who is perhaps the nation's most high-profile Darwinist, is frustrated by the scientific community's inability to grapple with the issue.
The emphases are all mine.

For those of you too lazy to read my profile, I reproduced it below:
I am a geneticist. I am an evolutionary biologist. I am not a Darwinist. Anyone who claims to be a Darwinist or alleges that someone else is a Darwinist does not understand evolutionary theory.
Pharyngula has already addressed the flaws in this article, so I won't say any more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home