Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Weekly Random Ten (19 October 2005)

It's Not Just for Fridays Anymore Edition

Why limit the Random Ten meme to only Fridays? Ok, so the meme is really old, and I rarely see anyone do it anymore, but I'm gonna try to turn it on its head. Once a week -- maybe on a Friday, but maybe on a Tuesday, a Wednesday, or, gasp, even a Sunday -- I'll post a Random Ten. This week's theme: reading a new a comic strip.

I was recently directed to Minimum Security, a poorly drawn comic with a political slant. When I went to check it out, the first comic on the page was this one:



Could it be an omen? Is some higher power telling me to bookmark this page and check back regularly? They do seem to make fun of the same people I can't stand: religious zealots who want to destroy science with their dogma. But then I remembered, I don't believe in fate, karma, or any of that super-natural crap.

Enough with the intro, here's this week's Weekly Random Ten:

  1. Union 13 - The Future & The Past
  2. Unwritten Law - Teenage Suicide
  3. Living End - Hold Up
  4. R.E.M. - Orange Crush
  5. The Von Bondies - Right of Way
  6. The White Stripes - Blue Orchid
  7. America - A Horse With No Name
  8. U.S. Bombs - Bubble Gum
  9. The Kinks - A Well Respected Man
  10. Ben Folds Five - Jackson Cannery

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home