Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Weekly Random Ten (22 November 2005)

No, this is not a "Special Turkey Day Edition" Edition

I'm sitting here in front of my computer, frustrated by my lack of programming skillz. I'm trying to write a very simple simulation to determine the statistical power of an experiment I performed. Every time I send a variable to a function that does binomial sampling, the variable gets altered. I'm not sending a pointer to the value; I'm sending the actual value. This is really pissing me off. I'm going to move the function into the body of the program and see what happens.

Anyway, that's how my week's been going. Thanksgiving's coming up, and I need to get these simulations done and analyzed, so I can write up the manuscript and submit it for review. I'm hoping to get this all done by the end of the semester, so I can focus my energies on some other analysis next year. We'll see how that goes.

Happy Turkey Day to all my American readers. To all my international readers, have a nice full week of work! I'll be taking some time off to gorge myself on food and watch some football, but nothing can match the excitement of last weekend. Reggie Bush is the second coming (of Gale Sayers), Fresno State is the best two loss team in the nation (yes, better than Notre Dame and Ohio State), and Oregon deserves to go to a BCS bowl game more than any other one loss team (their only loss cam to USC). I guess I just revealed my west-coast bias.

Time to get myself geared up for a tryptophan induced coma -- here's this week's evolgen Random Ten:
  1. Inspector 7 - Sleeping With the Enemy
  2. NOFX - Please Stop Fucking My Mom
  3. Blondie - Maria
  4. Anti-Flag - Die 4 Your Government
  5. Bombshell Rocks - 21st Century Riot
  6. U.S. Bombs - Jaks
  7. 88 Fingers Louie - Go Away
  8. Eric Clapton - Cocaine
  9. Mike Ness - I'm in Love With My Car
  10. Tiger Army - Twenty Flight Rock

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home